Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Comic Review: Star Trek: Countdown


Summary:
Star Trek: Countdown is the prequel to the Star Trek reboot(?) that came out in 2009. The comic follows Spock and the Romulan Nero during the year 2387 and on the events that cause them to travel to the 23rd century.

Review:
I am rekindling my love of comics and to encourage me to read more comics I have decided that I will begin featuring reviews of said comics on my blog. I finally managed to read Star Trek: Countdown (maybe four years too late) and it was so amazing I feel like I had to review it here.

Your favorite Original and Next Gen characters reunite in this prequel to the 2009 movie, Star Trek.Countdown focuses on the story that we don't see during the movie. Without completely ruining the entire comic, I will say that having  Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman--the screenwriters of the 2009 Star Trek movie and sequel Star Trek: Into Darkness--writing the comic definitely helps it fit in with the movie. The comic does a phenomenal job of explaining some plot lines that weren't addressed in the movie. 

The book was easy to read on the kindle and was relatively engaging despite being so short. David Messina's artwork is good, as in it works, but honestly I wasn't blown away by it. However, the story is pretty solid so I am forgiving. A must for Star Trek and comic book fans!

Look for Star Trek: Countdown on Amazon.com. Star Trek: Countdown to Darkness, the prequel to Star Trek Into Darkness, is available on Amazon.com or wherever comic books are sold. 

Rating: 5/5
Reactions:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

    Categories

    Twitter Updates

    Followers