Thursday, November 29, 2012

Book Review: Bloodhound (The Sidhe)

Summary:

Malcolm is adjusting to life with his friends at the Glamour Club. He has become very close to all of the earthborn fae, especially Kieran. So when Kieran suddenly disappears, Malcolm can no longer sense the young fae's magic and knows something is wrong. He immediately goes to Donovan the minute the older fae gets back to the Glamour Club but at that moment Kieran appears with someone Malcolm never wanted to see again... London. Immediately all of Malcolm's anger and rage come flooding back and he can only think of one thing--getting revenge on London for the pain she caused him. Will London's bad luck continue to get worse or will Malcolm have a change of heart?

Review: 

S.A. Archer and S. Ravynheart continue to amaze in the fourth book in the Rise of the Unseelie series. The writing style is what really continues to draw me in, descriptive without being verbose, and I continue to feel myself being drawn to the characters more and more as I continue to read.

I think I've already stated in my earlier reviews that the Rise of the Unseelie is my favorite character arc in the series. This is mainly because of Donovan and the role that he plays in trying to help the remaining fae rebuild. I've also become quite interested in Malcolm. Seeing his transformation from a scared, confused teenager who knew nothing about who he was or what he was, to a slightly more adjusted fae is intriguing.

When London's appears in the Glamour Club it actually affects Malcolm more than anyone realizes and to say he acts on his anger would be putting this lightly. Malcolm has almost transformed. He has completely lost his child-like innocence by the end of the novel. I don't want to give away too much, but by the end of the book I was definitely shocked by the events that had occurred.

We also begin to see all of the earthborn fae begin to "toughen up." Donovan is training them and they quickly learn that they can trust no one. Surprisingly, despite "not having" any physical magic abilities of his own, Malcolm quickly becomes the best fighter of the earthborn fae.

But that seems like it could be a bad thing for London. I guess we'll see in the next book!

Rating: 5/5

Look for Bloodhound and other books in The Sidhe series wherever e-books are sold.
Reactions:

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! I couldn't put this one down. :) I definitely think entire series is definitely worth checking out.

      Delete

    Categories

    Twitter Updates

    Followers