Sunday, June 26, 2011

New Series: Win ARCs of First Book in New Urban Fantasy Series, 'Sins of the Angels'


Sins of the Angels is the first book in a new series by debut
 author, Linda Poitevin. Look for it on Sept 27. 


The only thing better than reading a good urban fantasy series complete with monsters, the occasional spellcaster or exorcism, is reading a good urban fantasy series that takes all of those elements and throws in a great detective story. Some of my favorite series do this and let's just say it works for me every time.

You remember how I was telling you I tend to read different variations of the same thing? That definitely applies when you consider how many book series I own that have an urban fantasy and mystery theme. (Kat Richardson's Greywalker series and Cherie Priest's Eden Moore series easily come to mind.) Blame it on the fact that I minored in criminal justice in college and even now when I'm not reading I'm watching the I.D. channel or Law and Order or Bones or some other police television drama on TV.

I'm usually a devoted fan of zombies, ghosts, vampires, werewolves, demons and the like but I also enjoy books about angels. Surprised? Well, not angels in the super religious context, like you're probably thinking, but fallen angels. You know, the kind where you're not quite sure if they're followers of God or... not.

I tend to frequent Goodreads.com (a site you should really check out) and came across author Linda Poitevin and her new series, The Grigori Legacy. The first book in the series, Sins of the Angels, debuts Sept. 27 which seems like such a long way away considering how awesome the book looks. I can't wait to read it and write a review!

Check out the synopsis:

"A detective with a secret lineage. An undercover Hunter with a bullet-proof soul. And a world made to pay for the sins of an angel…
Homicide detective Alexandra Jarvis answers to no one. Especially not to the new partner assigned to her in the middle of a gruesome serial killer case-a partner who is obstructive, irritatingly magnetic, and arrogant as hell.

Aramael is a Power—a hunter of the Fallen Angels.  A millennium ago, he sentenced his own brother to eternal exile for crimes against humanity. Now his brother is back and wreaking murderous havoc in the mortal realm. To find him, Aramael must play second to a human police officer who wants nothing to do with him and whose very bloodline threatens both his mission and his soul.
Now, faced with a fallen angel hell-bent on triggering the apocalypse, Alex and Aramael have no choice but to join forces, because only together can they stop the end of days."

Poitevin and her publisher, Ace/Penguin, is giving away 30 advanced readers copies (ARCs) of the book to 30 lucky Urban Fantasy fans to review in the U.S. and Canada. Poitevin is also giving away three ARCs of the book to international fans through her blog. Both contests end Aug. 1 so go there now!

The Sins of the Angels is now available for pre-order and you can read an excerpt on Poitevin's site.

Be sure to also check out the book trailer for Sins of the Angels:


 
Reactions:

2 comments:

  1. Seems like a neat concept of a book though I think the cover is totally hokey !::gags:: It's such a predictable Urban Fantasy cover,but at least this chick isn't dressed all trampy.
    And goodreads totally rocks! I don't use the website enough ::sigh:: Another good place to go digging for upcoming books are on publishers websites, collaborative sites like the Deadline Dames and Amazon. Usually how I decide what I'm going to buy prior to it hitting the shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! I am super excited to read this book. I think it'll be really great!

    Thanks for the suggestions for book sites. I will be sure to check them out!

    ReplyDelete

    Categories

    Twitter Updates

    Followers